Who does not listen to music or podcasts? If you are like me, I am listening to something pretty much every minute of every day. I’ll carry my phone in my pocket and listen to my favorite podcast even while walking to my car. I need something playing at all times.
The dilemma this often leaves is how can I listen to something while in the shower? I travel quite a bit and with some bathrooms and showers, I can hear my phone with it sitting on the counter with no problem. That is not always the case however so I went on a search for a waterproof speaker. I found the VicTsing Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker on Amazon. I have been using this for a few years now and love it.
New phones are waterproof and can be used in the shower however that still kind of scares me. Not sure I am a ‘take my phone in the shower guy’. I would rather risk a $20 speaker versus a $1,000 phone.
- IP45 Water-resistant – Water projected by a nozzle (6.3mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.
- Carabiner Hook
- Bluetooth 4.2 connects to 33 feet
- Built-in Speaker
- 5×4.8×2.2 inches
- 6.7 ounces
PROS & CONS
- 4.25 stars with 6,270 reviews on Amazon
- Never an issue with water
- long battery life. Almost 7 hours on a charge
- Sound quality is perfectly fine for shower use
- small in size
- Carabiner for attaching to many areas
- Not a good option for phone calls. During battery testing, I used the speaker for a phone call. The caller immediately said – “you sound far away”.
- Occasionally have to press the power button a second time to turn on.
REAL LIFE USE
I have been using the VicTsing Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker every day for many years. I use it at home and in hotels when traveling. The only slight issue I have had from time to time is powering the speaker on. Occasionally I have to hit the power button a second time. This is not a big issue and only takes a few seconds to do. I think it comes down to me not pressing on the button squarely.
- $19.99 (January 2020)
- 4.25 stars 6,270 on Amazon
I have used the VicTsing Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker every single day over the last few years. It travels with me on every trip and I use it every morning in the shower. Yes, other speakers have better sound and bass but they are more expensive and larger in size. The VicTsing is hard to beat with being waterproof and only $20. You will not purchase this with the intent to start a house party however it is more than adequate for most situations, especially when listening to podcasts. The [VicTsing Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker](https://amzn.to/2MURjq0 is great for the shower, beach, and pool.